XFINITY® PRESENTS: THE 2013 ULTIMATE SPORTS SOCIAL MEDIA JOB CONTEST
No purchase necessary to ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. This is not a game of chance. applicant must be a legal adult 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER to enter. void where prohibited or restricted by Law.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Comcast® and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Applicant must be legally an adult in state of residence and 18 years of age or older at time of application. Applicant must be a resident of and physically located in the fifty (50) United States (includes District of Columbia). Employees of Comcast® Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Comcast” or “Sponsor”) and GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”)and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, agencies, retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and promotional and other vendor agencies involved in the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are NOT eligible to apply or win; nor are the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, sibling) of such employees as well as members of the immediate household of such employees, whether or not related. Current and former professional actors and broadcasters (as determined by Sponsor) are not eligible to apply. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION: Submission should show and describe why you think you deserve to be the 2013 Xfinity® Sports Social Media Reporter. Describe your experience engaging in various social media. Submission must be applicant’s original creation and should not include copyrighted, trademarked, patented or previously published material. Submission should include ONLY the applicant, if applicable; no other individuals allowed. Submission should not depict any individuals other than the applicant and should not display or include any trademarked, copyrighted, proprietary and/or brand names, logos, images or objects. Submission should not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Submission must be consistent with the Sponsor’s brand reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Submission should not include the following: commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos; unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, celebrity references, etc.). Submission cannot include or involve any of the following: music, obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols; gang signs or symbols; violence, explicit sexual activity; nudity; Illegal drug or alcohol use; license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise); website or web page links; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups or humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others; trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property; Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress). Submissions containing prohibited content or otherwise in violation of these Official Contest Rules, or containing any other content, display, materials and/or images that are or could be considered infringing of third party intellectual property rights, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be disqualified. Submissions that exceed specified length or size limits will be disqualified. Submissions may be screened prior to online posting and those that do not meet the stated criteria above, or entries that (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the provisions related to participation, are not eligible and will be disqualified by the Sponsor. VIDEO MUST NOT INCLUDE MUSIC AND MUST be no SHORTER THAN 30 SECONDS IN LENGTH, NO longer than 2:30 minutes in length, no larger than 1024 megabytes (1GB) in size, and in a .3GP, .AVI, .MOV, .MP4, .MPEG, .FLV, .F4V, .SWF, or .MKV format. STATEMENT MUST BE NO LONGER THAN 140 CHARACTERS IN LENGTH.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA/SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION: This is not a game of chance. Submissions will be evaluated based on the quality of their submitted videos, statements, and their answers to the following question: “Why do you deserve to be named the winner of the Xfinity® Presents: The 2013 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest?”. Submissions will be judged on a 100-point scale as follows: 1) 20 points for breadth and depth of sports knowledge; 2) 20 points for creative demonstration and integration of social media platforms, skills, and expertise; 3) 20 points for unique communication style and wit; 4) 20 points for strong personality and appearance on camera; and 5) 20 points for passion shown of Comcast’s products and services (such as verbal mention and knowledge of brand).All Submissions will be judged as they are received by GMR, an independent judging organization. If a Submission is disqualified due to violating the restrictions and limitations on Submission content outlined in Section 3 of these Official Contest Rules, the applicant will be notified, via one (1) e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the Official Application Form, that the Submission was not in compliance with the Official Contest Rules and applicant will be allowed to resubmit. Specific reason for non-compliance with the Official Contest Rules will not be provided by the Sponsor or GMR. In the event of a tie, the entries involved in such tie will be re-judged by an additional judge designated by the Sponsor, who will select a potential Semi-Finalist that best reflects all criteria as a whole. Up to eight (8) entries will be selected, by receiving the highest scores, to advance to the Semi-Finalist Round as potential Semi-Finalists. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than eight (8) entries to the Semi-Finalist Round if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified applications.
5. WILD CARD SUBMISSIONS/ONLINE VOTING CRITERIA: As scored under section 4 of these Official Contest Rules, up to ten (10) top scoring Submissions, that were not selected as Semi-Finalists, will be posted online for public voting (each a “Wild Card Submission”) to determine two (2) additional Semi-Finalists as outlined under section 6. Online voters will be asked to consider the criteria listed below as a guide for voting:
Suggested Voting Criteria:
6. ONLINE VOTING TO DETERMINE UP TO TWO (2) SEMI-FINALISTS FROM AMONG WILD CARD SUBMISSIONS: Up to ten (10) eligible Wild Card Submissions will be featured at the Xfinity® Presents: The 2013 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest application at www.facebook.com/xfinity between approximately 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on March 4, 2013 and 12:00 p.m. CT on March 11, 2013 (“Online Voting Period”) for viewing and voting by the public. To vote, visitors must go online to www.facebook.com/xfinity log on to Facebook, “Like” the Xfinity® Facebook page, view Wild Card Submissions, and cast vote as directed. Up to two (2) Wild Card Submissions with the highest vote totals will be selected as potential Semi-Finalists for Xfinity® Presents: The 2013 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest, subject to confirmation of eligibility and identity. Any Submission may be eliminated, regardless of vote total, in Sponsor’s sole discretion (i) if it is not consistent with Sponsor’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if it does not reflect the goals of the Contest, (iii) if the language or other content of the Submission is not suitable for all ages, (iv) if the Submission is so deficient in grammar, spelling, sentence structure or content as to be unclear or inappropriate, or (v) if the voting for that Submission appears to reflect any improper attempt to collect or generate votes in violation of these Official Contest Rules, such as through an automated voting scheme. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per person/Facebook account holder per day during the Online Voting Period. No offer to pay for votes or provide any other compensation or consideration for votes is permissible, nor are offers of like-kind exchanges (I’ll vote for yours if you vote for mine). Applicants who, in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or judges, attempt in any fashion to “buy” votes will be disqualified and entries removed. Other uses of social media, blogs, texts, tweets, websites, etc., to drive participants to voting site, for example through notices or encouraging messages, are permissible.
7. DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF SEMI-FINALISTS: Up to eight (8) Submissions with the highest judged scores, as outlined under section 4, and up to two (2) Wild Card Submissions that received the highest number of online votes, as outlined under section 6, will be designated as potential Semi-Finalists, subject to verification of identity and eligibility. In the event of a tie among Wild Card Submissions, the Wild Card Submission who received their vote total first will be declared the potential Semi-Finalist. Up to eight (8) potential Semi-Finalists selected by the judging panel will be notified on or about March 4, 2013 by phone, e-mail, and/or express mail to the e-mail address, mailing address, and/or telephone number listed on the Official Online Application Form. Up to two (2) potential Wild Card Semi-Finalists will be notified on or about March 11, 2013 by phone e-mail, and/or express mail to the e-mail address, mailing address, and/or telephone number listed on the Official Online Application Form. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than ten (10) applicants to the Semi-Finalist Round if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Potential Semi-Finalist must provide proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of his/her eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age residence, and identity. Potential Semi-Finalist will be asked to complete, sign and return within three (3) calendar days of date of receipt some or all of the following as requested by Sponsor: a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; a notarized Release of Liability which among other things, releases Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof; an Assignment of Rights consistent with the provisions of these Official Contest Rules; a Publicity Release, which among other things, grants Released Parties and their respective designees the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation consistent with the provisions of these Official Contest Rules; a written agreement, as outlined under section 12, including contractual commitments, and timeline; permission for a criminal background check or verification of identity and eligibility;(g) required tax documents; (h) one (1) photograph of him/herself and any other similar documentation considered reasonably necessary under the circumstances in Sponsor’s sole discretion (collectively the “Documents”). Failure to complete the Documents as required may result in potential Semi-Finalist’s disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and selection of an alternate potential Semi-Finalist based on the next highest judging score or vote total.
Semi-Finalist must be able to travel on March 22, 2013 through March 24, 2013 or on other dates as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Failure of a designated Semi-Finalist to participate in the travel event will result in that Semi-Finalist’s disqualification and selection of an alternate Semi-Finalist, time and circumstances permitting.
In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Semi-Finalist for any of the following reasons: (a) non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (b) in the event that a Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (c) a criminal background check or other information indicating a history or trait considered by Sponsor to be unacceptable in a Semi-Finalist, Finalist or winner in this Contest; (d) information showing that the Submission was defective or failed to comply with these Official Contest Rules. No substitution of any prizes or cash equivalent, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. JUDGING CRITERIA/ FINALIST SELECTION: On a date designated by the Sponsor between March 22, 2013 and March 24, 2013, up to ten (10) Semi-Finalists will be required as part of the Contest to travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for on-site evaluations (“Semi-Finalist Evaluations”) at XFINITY Live. Up to ten (10) Semi- Finalists will attend an event and be asked to chronicle their experience via tweeting, including text, photographs, video, etc. through Twitter (collectively “Postings”) on their own social media channels, which then may be shared by the Sponsor via a designated promotional application on http://www.facebook.com/xfinity. The Semi-Finalist Evaluations will be comprised of five (5) performance challenges (each a “Performance Challenge”). The Performance of each of the ten (10) Semi-Finalists (including tweets) will be evaluated by a panel of judges. The maximum score a Semi-Finalist may receive is ten (10) points for each Performance Challenge. The minimum score a Semi-Finalist may receive is one (1) point for each Performance Challenge. The Performance Challenges, including the number, are as follows, but are as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor: 1) “In-Game Tweets” to evaluate social aptitude. Each Semi-Finalist will be shown five (5) minutes of game film and will create five (5) unique tweets. The Semi-Finalist will be judged on their creativity, ability to articulate what transpired during the film, leverage fan or influencer engagement opportunities, and their ability to support the brand message and/or products. 2) “Interview an Influencer” to evaluate on-camera presence. The Semi-Finalist will be given up to fifteen (15) minutes to interview a sports media influencer, as determined by the Sponsor. The Semi-Finalist will be judged on their ability to prepare an introduction, create five (5) questions, and implement a wrap up, as well as their ability to engage the influencer, articulate their content, and appeal to the viewer. 3) “One on One Interview” to evaluate responses and critical thinking in a simulated television/radio interview format. 4) “Panel Job Interview” to evaluate Semi-Finalist’s potential to be the Xfinity Sports Reporter. 5) “Real-Time Updates” to evaluate their ability to share their experience detailing the Semi-Finalist evaluation day. The Semi-Finalists will be evaluated on their ability to accurately share a story via Postings of their experience while on-site. Each Semi-Finalist will be evaluated on their communication style, personality, knowledge of sports, and familiarity with Comcast’s products/services.
9.DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS: Up to five (5) of the Semi-Finalists with the highest point totals as scored under section 8 of these Official Rules by the judges at XFINITY Live will be selected as the potential Finalists, subject to confirmation of eligibility and provided that the Semi-Finalists with the highest point totals may be eliminated, in the judges’ or Comcast’s sole discretion (i) if the Semi-Finalist for any reason is deemed not consistent with Comcast’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if the Semi-Finalist or his/her posts/tweets do not reflect the goals of the Contest, or (iii) if the language or other content of the Semi-Finalist’s posts/tweets are not suitable for all ages. In the event of a tie in Semi-Finalist judging, the entries involved will be re-judged by an additional judge from Comcast who will serve as the tie-breaker and who will evaluate entries according to the same criteria. Before moving onto the Finalist Round, the potential Finalists may be required to undergo additional background checks or verifications of identity and eligibility, including verification that the potential Finalist is not or has not been a professional broadcaster or actor or member of any broadcaster or acting union or guild, or Sponsor may declare prize forfeited and another potential Finalist may be chosen based on criteria described. Finalist must be able to travel April 4, 2013 through April 7, 2013 or other dates as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Failure of a designated Finalist to participate in the travel event will result in that Finalist’s disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist, time and circumstances permitting. The Finalists will be announced on or about March 25, 2013.
10. GRAND PRIZE JUDGING AND SELECTION: On a date designated by Sponsor between April 4, 2013 and April 7, 2013, up to (5) Finalists will be required as part of the Contest to travel to introductory orientation and one sporting event identified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Up to five (5) Finalists will attend an event and be asked to chronicle their experience via Postings. The performance, including Postings, of each of the five (5) Finalists will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: 1) maximum of 20 points for authenticity and likeability; 2) maximum of 20 points for breadth and depth of reporting including use of social media channels; 3) maximum of 20 points for sports knowledge; 4) maximum of 20 points for creativity; and 5) maximum of 20 points for Finalist’s passion shown of Comcast’s products and services (verbal mention, knowledge of brand). The Finalist’s entire body of work will be taken into consideration during the evaluation. The Finalist with the highest point total as determined by the judges will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner subject to confirmation of eligibility and provided that the Finalist with the highest point total may be eliminated, in the judges’ or Comcast’s sole discretion (i) if the Finalist for any reason is deemed not consistent with Comcast’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if the Finalist or his/her Postings do not reflect the goals of the Contest, or (iii) if the language or other content of the Finalist’s Postings are not suitable for all ages. In the event of a tie in Grand Prize judging, the Finalist Postings involved will be re-judged by an additional judge from Comcast who will serve as the tie-breaker and who will evaluate Postings according to the same criteria. Before the Grand Prize is awarded, the potential Grand Prize winner may be required to undergo additional background check or verification of identity and eligibility, including verification that the winner is not or has not been a professional broadcaster or actor or member of any broadcaster or acting union or guild, or Sponsor may declare prize forfeited and another potential Grand Prize winner may be chosen based on criteria described. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about April 18, 2013.
11. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
Up to ten (10) Semi-Finalist Prizes: Trip for Semi-Finalist only to attend the Semi-Finalist Evaluation Event at XFINITY Live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on March 22, 2013 through March 24, 2013. Trip is for Semi-Finalist only to attend Semi-Finalist Evaluation Event. Prize includes: Round trip coach class air transportation (or ground transportation/payment, at Sponsor’s discretion, if Semi-Finalist is sufficiently close to event), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel, transportation to and from the Semi-Finalist Evaluation event, and one (1) $200 bank gift card to be used for meals and incidentals. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Semi-Finalist Prize is $1,950.
Up to five (5) Finalist Prizes: One (1) trip for introductory orientation, one (1) trip to a professional sporting event selected at the discretion of the Sponsor, one (1) $500 bank gift card, and one (1) video/audio recording device. Introductory orientation trip is for winner only to a location selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, including coach class air transportation (or ground transportation/payment, at Sponsor’s discretion, if Finalist is sufficiently close to event), and one (1) night’s hotel accommodations. Professional sporting event trip is for winner only to a professional sporting event to act as a reporter, including coach class air transportation (or ground transportation/payment, at Sponsor’s discretion, if Finalist is sufficiently close to event), and two (2) night’s hotel accommodations. Finalists will receive one (1) video/audio recording device and one (1) $500 bank gift card which may be used toward ground transportation, meals, and incidentals while on the trips. The ARV of each Finalist Prize is $3,105. Trip types and locations will be determined by and assigned to each Finalist at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
One (1) Grand Prize: Ultimate Sports Media Job awarded in the form of a one (1) year agreement as described in the “Grand Prize Personal Services Agreement” in section 13. Estimated value: $40,000. Grand Prize winner will be required to relocate to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or other Comcast serviceable location as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner chooses to relocate to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a monthly $2,000 stipend will be provided for one (1) year, intended for use towards living accommodations to be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner chooses to relocate to a Comcast serviceable location outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or reside in their current location in a Comcast serviceable area, a monthly $2,000 stipend will not be offered by the Sponsor. Grand Prize winner will receive electronics, furniture, and appliances selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor for use while acting as the Ultimate Sports Social Media Reporter. Grand Prize winner will also receive a credit of up to $3,000 for use toward up to twelve (12) months of Comcast/XFINITY television, internet, and phone services, as solely determined by Sponsor and in accordance with Comcast’s standard service terms and conditions. The ARV of the Grand Prize is between $43,000 and $67,000 depending on relocation election as determined by the Grand Prize winner.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes awarded during the Promotion Period is between $78,025 and $102,025.
The actual value of the Semi-Finalist and Finalist prizes may vary based on trip locations and point of departure and any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. All federal, state, local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes consist only of items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any substitution will be for the same approximate retail value as the stated prize. For prizes with an ARV over $600, an IRS Form 1099-MISC will be issued showing the ARV as taxable income to the winner; and winner will be asked to provide SSN or taxpayer identification for use in preparing that Form or prize cannot be awarded and an alternate winner will be chosen.
12. SEMI-FINALIST/FINALIST AGREEMENT: As a condition of prize award, potential Semi-Finalists will be required to enter into a written agreement with Sponsor or alternate Semi-Finalist may be chosen. Agreement will set forth Semi-Finalist(s) responsibilities, and if selected as a Finalist, Finalist responsibilities as commentators at Finalist Prize sporting event, if any. Semi-Finalists/Finalists and Sponsor would be viewed as independent contracting parties, and nothing contained in the agreement shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship. The agreement will require, among other things and without further compensation, (1) that Sponsor has the right but not the obligation to require Semi-Finalist(s)/Finalist(s) to make one or more personal appearances at a time and location selected by Sponsor for an event and/or any other public relations activity, (2) that Semi-Finalists(s)/Finalist(s) permit the use of their names, likenesses and identifying information for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes in any media including print and online media, without time or geographic limitations, and (3) that Semi-Finalist(s)/Finalists agree to provide Postings about the Semi-Finalist Evaluation/Finalist Prize sporting event for use by Comcast in any fashion it sees fit. Notwithstanding any of the above, Sponsor’s sole obligation under the agreement is to award the Semi-Finalist Prize trip, and Finalist Prize trip, and Sponsor has no obligation to make use of Postings, appearances, or any other Semi-Finalist and Finalist services.
13. GRAND PRIZE PERSONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT/PRIZE DOCUMENTS:As a condition of prize award, the Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return as instructed a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; a notarized Release of Liability which among other things, releases Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof; and to negotiate and execute a one-year Personal Services Agreement (“PSA”), service contract or similar agreement with Sponsor or alternate Grand Prize winner may be chosen. Such agreement will set forth the terms of the relationship between the Grand Prize winner and Sponsor, including compensation, obligations of the parties, termination provisions, and other customary terms and conditions. Grand Prize winner shall be viewed as an independent contractor and nothing contained in the agreement shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship. The agreement is expected to require the winner to be available as required by Comcast. In the event of a dispute between these Official Contest Rules and the agreement, the agreement will control. Grand Prize winner may be required to relocate to a Comcast serviceable area at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor will have no obligation to use the winner’s services or name or likeness in any manner whatsoever. In the event an agreement cannot be reached and/or other required Prize Documents are not returned by a date reasonably specified by Sponsor, the designated Grand Prize winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining Finalists. Notwithstanding any of the above, Sponsor’s sole obligation to the Grand Prize winner is to award compensation in the designated amount, and Sponsor has no obligation to enter into an agreement with Grand Prize winner or make use of Grand Prize winner’s services or provide appearances.
14. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By applying, applicants grant to Sponsor a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of his/her Submission in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Sponsor or its affiliates, respective licensees and assigns, partners or media without further compensation unless specifically prohibited and applicant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all content of Submission, with or without first and last name credit to the applicant; and Submissions that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. Additionally, Finalists agree that Sponsor will be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in all ideas, concepts, expressions, information, material and works of authorship prepared in connection with the performance of Semi-Finalists’ or Finalists’ responsibilities, whether conceived or made by Semi-Finalist or Finalists alone or in conjunction with or at the direction of Sponsor. Semi-Finalists and Finalists hereby irrevocably assign to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, any and all rights, title and interest that Semi-Finalist and Finalists may have in any of the materials prepared in connection with Semi-Finalist and Finalists responsibilities, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, whether now known or hereafter to become known, for the respective maximum terms of protection available throughout the world. Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Grand Prize winner shall execute at Sponsor’s request such assignments and other documents as may be necessary to confirm or enact this assignment or any grant of rights set forth herein. By submitting an application, applicant explicitly acknowledges that his/her video, statement, first name, city, and state can and may be posted on www.facebook.com/xfinity for worldwide viewing.
15. ADDITIONAL TERMS: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the potential winners from among all eligible, non-suspect applications received up to that time. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsor or GMR deems responsible for or related to actual or attempted disruption of or interference with the Contest or its intended operation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, lost, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, applications, likes, or votes, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or Internet Service Provider (ISP), computer equipment, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, software, failure of any e-mail or application to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Applications or votes generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the application process are ineligible and will be disqualified, as will any applicants involved or benefitting therefrom. All applications must include a valid e-mail address for the applicant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning application will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the application. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
16. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By applying, applicant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, interpretation of the Official Rules or awarding of a prize shall be resolved by Sponsor or GMR whose decision shall be binding and final. By applying, applicant agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties and Facebook Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity. By applying, applicant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the applicant’s Official Online Application Form by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest, the disqualification or elimination of any votes accumulated for any reason, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. All applications are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
17. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by July18, 2013 to: Xfinity® Presents: The 2013 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Sponsored by Comcast® Cable Communications Management LLC, 1 Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838. Contest is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Contest is not sponsored or executed by any MLB Entity. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. Visit MLB.com.